The solution contains:
a mixture of sterile phagolysates of bacteria Proteus vulgaris, Proteus mirabilis and enteropathogenic Escherichia coli of various serogroups 100 ml.
8-hydroxyquinoline sulfate monohydrate 0.0001 g / ml.
The drug causes specific lysis of bacteria Proteus vulgaris, Proteus mirabilis, Escherichia coli.
Treatment and prevention of pyoinflammatory and enteral diseases, dysbacteriosis caused by Proteus bacteria and enteropathogenic Escherichia coli as part of complex therapy:
- Diseases of the ear, throat, nose, respiratory tract and lungs (inflammation of the sinuses of the nose, middle ear, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy).
- Surgical infections (suppuration of wounds, burns, abscess, phlegmon, boils, carbuncles, hydroadenitis, panaritium, paraproctitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis).
- Urogenital infections (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis).
- Enteric infections (gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis), intestinal dysbiosis.
- Generalized septic diseases.
- Purulent-inflammatory diseases of newborns (omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenterocolitis, sepsis, etc.).
- Other diseases caused by Proteus and Escherichia coli.
An important condition for effective phage therapy is a preliminary determination of the phage sensitivity of the pathogen.
Application during pregnancy and lactation
The use of this medication during pregnancy and lactation is possible in the presence of infections caused by phage-sensitive strains of bacteria (as recommended by a doctor).
Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
The use of the drug is possible in combination with other drugs, including antibiotics.
How to take, course of administration and dosage
The drug is used for oral administration (through the mouth), rectal administration, applications, irrigation, introduction into the cavity of wounds, vagina, uterus, nose, sinuses and drained cavities.
Recommended dosage of the drug:
- Patient age 0-6 months - 5 doses per dose when the drug is administered orally (ml) - 5-10 doses per dose when the drug is administered in an enema (ml).
- The patient's age is 6-12 months - 10 doses per dose when the drug is administered orally (ml) - 10-20 doses per dose when the drug is administered in an enema (ml).
- The patient's age is from 1 to 3 years - 15 doses per dose when the drug is administered orally (ml) - 20-30 doses per dose when the drug is administered in an enema (ml).
- The age of the patient is from 3 to 8 years - 15-20 doses per dose when the drug is administered orally (ml) - 30-40 doses per dose when the drug is administered in an enema (ml).
- The age of the patient is 8 years and older - 20-30 doses per dose when the drug is administered orally (ml) - 40-50 doses per dose when the drug is administered in an enema (ml).
Treatment of pyoinflammatory diseases with localized lesions should be carried out simultaneously both locally and by taking the drug orally for 7-20 days (according to clinical indications).
If chemical antiseptics were used to treat wounds before using the bacteriophage, the wound should be thoroughly washed with a sterile 0.9% sodium chloride solution.
Depending on the focus of infection, the bacteriophage is used:
- In the form of irrigation, lotions and tamponing in a volume of up to 200 ml, depending on the size of the affected area. In case of abscess after removal of purulent contents by puncture, the drug is administered in an amount less than the volume of removed pus. In osteomyelitis, after appropriate surgical treatment, a bacteriophage is poured into the wound, 10-20 ml each.
- When injected into cavities (pleural, articular and other limited cavities) up to 100 ml, after which a capillary drainage is left, through which the bacteriophage is injected for several days.
- With cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis, the drug is taken orally. If the cavity of the bladder or renal pelvis is drained, the bacteriophage is injected through the cystostomy or nephrostomy 1-2 times a day, 20-50 ml into the bladder and 5-7 ml into the renal pelvis.
- In case of purulent-inflammatory gynecological diseases, the drug is injected into the cavity of the vagina, uterus in a dose of 5-10 ml once daily, with colpitis - 10 ml by irrigation or tamponing 2 times a day. Tampons are laid for 2 hours.
- For purulent-inflammatory diseases of the ear, throat, nose, the drug is administered in a dose of 2-10 ml 1-3 times a day. The bacteriophage is used for rinsing, washing, instilling, introducing moistened turundas (leaving them for 1 hour).
- For enteral infections, intestinal dysbiosis, the drug is taken orally 3 times a day 1 hour before meals. It is possible to combine a double oral administration with a single rectal administration of a single age dose of bacteriophage in the form of an enema after bowel movement.
The use of a bacteriophage in children (up to 6 months).
With sepsis, enterocolitis of newborns, including premature infants, bacteriophage is used in the form of high enemas (through a gas outlet tube or catheter) 2-3 times a day at a dose of 5-10 ml. In the absence of vomiting and regurgitation, the drug may be administered by mouth. In this case, it is mixed with breast milk. A combination of rectal (in the form of high enemas) and oral (through the mouth) administration of the drug is possible. The course of treatment is 5-15 days. With a recurrent course of the disease, repeated courses of treatment are possible. In order to prevent sepsis and enterocolitis in case of intrauterine infection or the risk of nosocomial infection in newborns, bacteriophage is used in the form of enemas 2 times a day for 5-7 days.
In the treatment of omphalitis, pyoderma, infected wounds, the drug is used as applications twice daily (a gauze napkin is moistened with a bacteriophage and applied to the umbilical wound or the affected skin area).
Do not use the drug in case of turbidity!
Due to the content of the nutrient medium in the preparation, in which bacteria from the environment can develop, causing turbidity of the preparation, the following rules must be observed when opening the bottle:
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Treat the cap with an alcohol-based solution.
- Remove the cap without opening the plugs.
- Do not place the cork inside on a table or other objects.
- Do not leave bottle open.
- Store the opened bottle only in the refrigerator.
When using small doses (2-8 drops), the drug must be taken with a sterile syringe in a volume of 0.5-1 ml.
The drug from the opened bottle, subject to the storage conditions, the above rules and the absence of turbidity, can be used throughout the shelf life.
Influence on the ability to drive vehicles and use mechanisms
Solution for oral administration, local and external use.