Pseudomonas aeruginosa Bacteriophage solution contains purified sterile filtrate of Pseudomonas aeruginosa phagolysate.
The additional substance is quinosol (preservative).
Antibacterial specific action.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Pseudomonas aeruginosa Bacteriophage has the ability to selectively destroy the microorganisms of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
The bactericidal effect of bacteriophages is caused by the specific lysis of pathogenic bacteria in the inflammatory focus. The death of bacteria occurs due to the adsorption of virulent bacteriophages on the surface of the microbe cell, penetration into it and intensive reproduction, the use of cell organelles for their needs, after which the cell dies.
The features of pharmacokinetics have not been studied.
Therapy and prevention of diseases caused by Pseudomonas aeroginosa as part of multicomponent therapy:
- lesions of the digestive tract (intestinal dysbiosis, gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis);
- surgical diseases (hydradenitis, wound suppuration, panaritium, carbuncle, phlegmon, boils, burns, abscess);
- diseases of newborns of a purulent-inflammatory nature (intestinal dysbiosis, gastroenterocolitis, omphalitis, pyoderma, sepsis, conjunctivitis);
- urogenital infections (pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis);
- diseases of the ear, nose, throat, respiratory tract and lungs (angina, otitis media, laryngitis, pharyngitis, pneumonia, bronchitis, pleurisy);
- conjunctivitis, corneal ulcer, keratoconjunctivitis;
- generalized septic lesions and other diseases associated with Pseudomonas aeroginosa;
- prevention of nosocomial infections associated with Pseudomonas aeroginosa.
The drug is allowed to be combined with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agents.
If antiseptics were used for treatment before using the medicine, then the wound must be washed with a sodium chloride solution.
How to take, course of administration and dosage
The instruction allows the use of the drug inside, topically in the form of irrigation and applications, rectally, by introduction into the nasal cavity, wounds, uterus, vagina, nasal sinuses, as well as for drainage of the cavities. Recommended dosages for patients over 8 years of age are up to 30 ml of solution when taken orally and up to 50 ml when administered in the form of enemas. Treatment of localized diseases of a purulent-inflammatory nature should be carried out by a combination of local treatment and oral administration of the drug for 1-3 weeks.
Depending on the nature of the infection, the agent can be used in the following ways.
In the form of lotions, plugging and irrigation in an amount of up to 200 ml. With an abscess after the emptying of its cavity, the drug is administered orally in a smaller amount than the amount of removed pus. In the treatment of osteomyelitis, 10-20 ml of the agent is injected into the wound after surgical treatment.
When injected into the pleural, articular or other limited cavities, capillary drainage is installed, through which the drug is injected in 100 ml for several days.
With pyelonephritis, cystitis, urethritis, the drug is taken orally. In the case of draining the cavity of the renal pelvis or bladder, the drug is injected through the drainage tube twice a day, 30-40 ml into the bladder cavity or 6-7 ml into the renal pelvis.
For gynecological lesions of a purulent-inflammatory nature, the agent is injected into the vagina or uterus, 7-10 ml every day. With colpitis, treatment is carried out by irrigation of 10 ml or tamponing twice a day for 2 hours.
For diseases of the throat, ear and nose of a purulent-inflammatory nature, the agent is administered 2-10 ml up to 3 times a day. The bacteriophage is used for washing, instilling, rinsing, introducing turunda for 1 hour.
With intestinal dysbiosis and enteral infections, the agent is taken orally three times a day one hour before meals for 1-3 weeks. It is also allowed to combine double oral administration with joint rectal administration of an age-specific dose once a day in the form of an enema after defecation.
Use of the drug in children under 6 months of age, including premature babies
With enterocolitis, sepsis of newborns, Pseudomonas aeruginosa Bacteriophage is administered by setting high enemas, 5-10 ml up to 3 times a day. It is also possible to administer the drug orally by mixing with breast milk. The course of treatment lasts up to 15 days.
In order to prevent enterocolitis, sepsis with intrauterine infection or the risk of hospital infection in newborns, the drug is used twice a day in the form of enemas for a week.
In the treatment of pyoderma, omphalitis, septic wounds, the agent is used in the form of applications with a soaked gauze napkin, which is applied to the wound surface twice a day.
Such cases have not been described.
Before use, the bottle with the drug must be shaken and its transparency and the presence of sediment must be assessed. If turbidity or sediment is detected, the drug must not be used!
Due to the presence of a favorable climate in the preparation for the development of microorganisms from the environment, which cause turbidity of the solution, the opening of the bottle should be carried out according to the following rules:
- hands must be washed well before working with the drug;
- before removing the cover, it must be treated with an alcohol-containing solution;
- the cap should be removed without removing the plug;
- the drug should be taken from the opened container only by piercing the stopper with a sterile syringe;
- if, during opening, the cork was accidentally removed along with the cap, then it is forbidden to put it on the table with its inner surface, and the container should not be left open (after taking the solution, it must be sealed with a cork);
- the opened bottle must be stored in the refrigerator.
If these rules are observed and there is no turbidity, then Pseudomonas aeruginosa Bacteriophage from an open bottle can be used for 2 years (the entire shelf life).
Solution for oral administration, local and external use.