Briefly about the product
- sterile suspension of phage particles in saline;
extract of calendula.
- Hygiene of the auricles in healthy people, including during an unfavorable epidemiological situation, when changing climatic zones, with harmful environmental influences and other risks of infection with bacterial infections.
- Prevention of bacterial inflammatory ear diseases in the presence of risk factors, including diabetes mellitus, cancer (especially during the period of radiation and chemotherapy), reduced local and general immunity, fungal and viral infections of the ENT organs, autoimmune and other systemic diseases.
- Prevention of bacterial inflammatory ear diseases (otitis externa and otitis media) and their relapses, including diseases of the nose (sinusitis, rhinitis), throat (pharyngitis, abscesses, tonsillitis, chronic tonsillitis) and other respiratory diseases (bronchitis, epiglottitis, flu, ARVI).
- Prevention of bacterial complications during surgery and other medical manipulations in the ear and other ENT organs.
- As prescribed by a doctor in other clinical situations in which it is important to provide high antibacterial protection and the absence of side effects.
Antiseptics: Otofag can be used simultaneously with solutions of chlorhexidine bigluconate 0.05% and 0.2%, hydroxymethylquinoxalindioxide 2.0%;
Due to the inactivation of the bacteriophages that are part of Otofag, the simultaneous use of the following means with Otofag is not recommended:
products based on octenidine and phenoxyethanol;
products based on salts of polyacrylic acid;
hydrogen peroxide solutions.
How to take, course of administration and dosage
- At home, Otofag is applied to the treated area directly from the bottle or with a napkin (cotton swab). Do not wet the treated area (do not wash off the gel) for 40 minutes after applying Otofag.
- In the conditions of a specialist reception, Otofag treats the affected or injured areas of the ear and other ENT organs.
IMPORTANT! Otofag is safe for contact with mucous membranes and if swallowed. Do not introduce Otofag into closed foci of inflammation that do not have or have a limited outflow of exudate from the focus (for example, sutured wounds, etc.). The introduction of Otofag into such foci can lead to a pronounced exacerbation of the inflammatory process and / or edema and / or lymphostasis.
Gel with bacteriophages for hygiene of the skin of the auricles "Otofag" (hereinafter - Otofag) is used to normalize microflora and prevent bacterial inflammatory diseases of the ear, including diseases of other ENT organs.
The otophage contains a complex of 32 types of bacteriophages from the collection of OOO NPTs "MicroMir", which suppress the growth of the following pathogenic bacteria:
- Bacteroides spp.
- Escherichia coli spp.
- Haemophilus influenzae spp.
- Klebsiella spp.
- Moraxella catarrhalis
- Morganella morganii
- Neisseria spp.
- Proteus vulgaris spp.
- Providencia rettgeri spp.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa spp.
- Staphylococcus aureus spp.
- Streptococcus pyogenes spp.
The practice of using bacteriophages
Bacteriophages (from other groups - "eaters of bacteria") are viruses that selectively attack bacteria: each type of bacteriophages is active only against a certain type of bacteria and neutral against other species.
In clinical practice, bacteriophages are used that destroy pathogenic bacteria without disturbing the human normal flora and without interacting with its organs and systems.
This allows them to be used in all categories of patients (including newborns, pregnant women and nursing mothers) as an effective and safe antibacterial agent for prophylaxis and therapy, including in combination with antibiotics. ("Rational use of bacteriophages in medical and anti-epidemic practice. Federal clinical (methodological) recommendations". M., 2014).
The prophylactic administration of bacteriophages is of particular relevance in cases where there are no clinical signs of bacterial infection, and the use of antibiotics is undesirable due to their side effects.
For example, bacteriophage prophylaxis of bacterial complications of viral and fungal infections, injuries, burns, surgical interventions, as well as prophylaxis of bacterial infections proper in the presence of various risk factors (concomitant diseases, certain conditions, a dangerous epidemiological situation and other unfavorable environmental factors).
As a result of the use of bacteriophages, pathogenic bacteria are destroyed, a normal balance of microflora is maintained, and the negative effect of infectious inflammation on the body is weakened.
The complex protective action of bacteriophages helps the body to cope with the infection and its consequences, and the regular preventive use of bacteriophages prevents new cases of infectious inflammation or significantly reduces the severity of its course.