calcium hopantenate - 10 g;
food citric acid,
aromatic food essence,
The spectrum of action of Pantogam® is associated with the presence of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) in its structure. The mechanism of action is due to the direct effect of the drug on the GABAB receptor-channel complex.
It has a nootropic and anticonvulsant effect. Increases brain resistance to hypoxia and the effects of toxic substances, stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, combines moderate sedative effect with a mild stimulating effect, reduces motor excitability, activates mental and physical performance.
Improves GABA metabolism in chronic alcohol intoxication and after discontinuation of ethanol. It is able to inhibit acetylation reactions involved in the mechanisms of inactivation of procaine (novocaine) and sulfonamides, due to which the prolongation of the action of the latter is achieved. It causes inhibition of pathologically increased cystic reflex and detrusor tone.
Pantogam® is rapidly absorbed from the digestive tract, passes through the BBB, and the highest concentrations are created in the liver, kidneys, stomach wall and skin. It is not metabolized and excreted unchanged within 48 hours: 67.5% of the dose taken is excreted in the urine, 28.5% - with feces.
- cognitive impairment in organic brain lesions (including the consequences of neuroinfections and head injury) and neurotic disorders;
- schizophrenia with cerebral organic insufficiency;
- cerebrovascular insufficiency caused by atherosclerotic changes in the vessels of the brain;
- extrapyramidal disorders (myoclonus epilepsy, Huntington’s chorea, hepatolenticular degeneration, Parkinson’s disease, etc.);
- treatment and prevention of extrapyramidal syndrome (hyperkinetic and akinetic) caused by the use of antipsychotics;
- epilepsy with mental retardation in complex therapy with anticonvulsants;
- psycho-emotional overload;
- decreased mental and physical performance, to improve concentration and remembering;
- neurogenic disorders of urination (pollakiuria, imperative urge, imperative urinary incontinence, enuresis).
- in children with perinatal encephalopathy;
- mental retardation of varying severity in children;
- developmental delay (mental, speech, motor, or a combination thereof) in children;
- various forms of cerebral palsy;
- hyperkinetic disorders (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in children;
- neurosis-like conditions (with stuttering, mainly in the clonic form, tics) in children.
- acute severe kidney disease;
- pregnancy (I trimester - syrup);
- pregnancy (pills);
- phenylketonuria (syrup, contains aspartame)
- period of breastfeeding (tablets).
- children's age up to 3 years (tablets).
Allergic reactions: rhinitis, conjunctivitis, skin rashes are possible.
Other: sleep disturbances or drowsiness, tinnitus are possible (these symptoms are usually short-term and do not require discontinuation of the drug).
It prolongs the action of barbiturates, enhances the action of anticonvulsants, and prevents side effects of phenobarbital, carbamazepine, antipsychotics.
Potentiates the action of local anesthetics (procaine).
The effect of Pantogam® is enhanced in combination with glycine, ethidronic acid (xidiphon).
How to take, course of administration and dosage
Adults: a single dose - 2.5-10 ml (0.25-1 g), daily - 15-30 ml (1.5-3 g); children: a single dose - 2.5-5 ml (0.25-0.5 g), daily - 7.5-30 ml (0.75-3 g). The course of treatment is 1–4 months, sometimes up to 6 months. After 3-6 months, a second course of treatment is possible.
The following dose range is recommended for children, depending on the age and pathology of the nervous system: children of the first year - 5–10 ml (0.5–1 g) per day, up to 3 years - 5–12.5 ml (0.5– 1.25 g) per day, for children from 3 to 7 years old - 7.5-15 ml (0.75-1.5 g), over 7 years old - 10-20 ml (1-2 g). The tactics of treatment include increasing the dose within 7-12 days, taking the maximum dose for 15-40 days or more with a gradual decrease in dose until withdrawal within 7-8 days. The course of treatment is 30–90 days (for certain diseases up to 6 months or more).
In schizophrenia in combination with psychotropic drugs - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5–3 g) per day. The course of therapy is from 1 to 3 months.
With epilepsy in combination with anticonvulsants, in a dose of 7.5 to 10 ml (0.75–1 g) per day. The course of therapy is up to 1 year or more.
With neuroleptic syndrome, accompanied by extrapyramidal disorders, the daily dose is up to 30 ml (up to 3 g), treatment for several months.
With extrapyramidal hyperkinesis in patients with organic diseases of the nervous system - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5–3 g) per day. The course of treatment is up to 4 months or more.
With the consequences of neuroinfections and head injury - from 5 to 30 ml (0.5–3 g) per day.
To restore performance under increased loads and asthenic conditions - 2.5–5 ml (0.25–0.5 g) 3 times a day.
In case of urination disorders, children receive 2.5–5 ml (0.25–0.5 g) each, a daily dose of 25–50 mg / kg, a course of treatment of 1-3 months; adults - 5-10 ml (0.5-1 g) 2-3 times a day.
In conditions of prolonged treatment, the simultaneous administration of the drug with other nootropic and stimulating agents is not recommended. Given the nootropic effect of the drug, its administration is preferably carried out in the morning and afternoon.
Symptoms: increased symptoms of side effects (sleep disturbance or drowsiness, noise in the head).
Treatment: the appointment of activated carbon, gastric lavage, symptomatic therapy.
Information about the possible effect of the drug on the ability to drive vehicles, mechanisms.
In the early days of admission, care should be taken when driving vehicles and mechanisms, given the possible occurrence of drowsiness.