1 ml of solution contains:
sodium hyaluronate 0.8 mg,
sodium dihydrogen phosphate monohydrate 0.45 mg,
disodium phosphate anhydrous 2 mg,
sodium chloride 8.5 mg ± 0.05,
deionized water qs
Hyaluronic acid is a high molecular weight glycosaminoglycan that consists of repeating disaccharides N-acetylglucosamine and glucuronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is a part of all body tissues and is the most significant component of the intercellular matrix and at the same time constitutes a significant proportion of the glycosaminoglycans of urothelium of the bladder, urethra (urethra).
Uro-Gial is a viscoelastic protector of the intercellular substance of urothelium of the bladder, urethra.
When introduced into the cavity of the bladder, it creates a viscoelastic film on the surface of the mucous membrane that protects it from external influences during various kinds of manipulations (urethroscopy, cystoscopy, TUR of the prostate and bladder, radiation therapy of the pelvic organs, etc.).
Temporary protection of the mucous membrane of the bladder with various kinds of manipulations (urethrocystoscopy, radiation therapy, etc.). In addition, numerous scientific studies have proven the effectiveness of sodium hyaluronate in the following diseases:
- Chronic / recurrent cystitis;
- Radiation cystitis;
- Interstitial cystitis;
- Overactive bladder (as part of complex therapy with M-anticholinergics or vanilloid receptor agonists (RTX))
- Hypersensitivity to one of the components of the composition of Uro-Gial,
Side effects are not identified.
Individual intolerance may be observed.
Incompatibility between sodium hyaluronate and quaternary ammonium salts such as benzalkonium chloride was noted.
Uro-Gial should not be allowed to come into contact with such drugs or with medical and surgical instruments treated with such drugs.
How to take, course of administration and dosage
1. Obtain written informed consent from the patient for manipulation.
2. Explain to the patient the features of the procedure and intravesical instillation therapy (approximately as described below):
a) if the source of pain is the bladder, then you can feel relief 5 to 15 minutes after the mixture has been injected;
b) in the initial phase of treatment, you may need intravesical instillations more often than 1 time per week.
c) try to keep the injected mixture in your bladder for at least 30 minutes, but not more than 2 hours.
d) sometimes (rarely) side effects occur, which you should immediately notify your doctor.
e) extremely rarely, there is a recoil effect, when after 5 - 6 hours after administration of the drug, the pain returns with greater intensity.
f) instillation therapy may require more procedures than planned.
3. Prepare the patient for catheterization on the urogynecological chair.
4. Wash your hands. Wear non-sterile gloves.
5. Treat the external opening of the urethra with an antiseptic.
6. Insert the anesthetic lubricant into the urethra, leaving a small amount of gel to lubricate the catheter.
7. Remove gloves.
8. Wash your hands.
9.Fill the drug (s) in a 60 ml syringe. (If a combination of drugs is used, then pre-mix them in a bottle with URO-GIAL using a 10 ml syringe).
10. Open the catheter pack.
11. Put on sterile gloves.
12. While maintaining sterility, apply a small amount of anesthetic lubricant to the tip of the catheter and gently insert the catheter into the urethra and then into the bladder.
13. Empty the bladder, then attach the syringe to the catheter and slowly inject the solution into the bladder.
14. Remove the catheter from the urethra.
15. Throw away used accessories in special containers.
16. Remove gloves.
17. Wash your hands.
18. Record on the outpatient card and appointments to the patient.
- "URO-GIAL" is administered intravesically, 1 time per week. The course is from 4 to 12 instillations.
- The vial should be removed from the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before use. Before use, the temperature of the bottle should be at least 20C.
- Before the introduction of the drug "URO-GIAL", the bladder should be emptied.
- The drug "URO-GIAL" is introduced into the cavity of the bladder using a urological catheter for a period of at least 30 minutes.
The drug Uro-Gial is intended only for insertion into the cavity of the bladder using a urological catheter.
An effusion introduction, strictly following aseptic rules.
Before use, check the integrity and tightness of the vial: do not use the product if the vial or its cap is damaged, and also check the integrity of the packaging of the syringe, needle and urological catheter. If they are damaged, the use of the drug is not permissible.
Do not use after expiration date.
Uro-Gial is designed for instillation into the bladder, which must be performed by a doctor with special training in a specially equipped room, in compliance with all aseptic rules.
Viscoelastic protector of the mucous membrane of the bladder